Blazed Munchies: Outrageous Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Bombs
Nothing says munchies more than gooey cheese oozing from any kind of bacon. Oh, and anything deep fried gets points too. While this one won't win any weight loss awards, it might melt your munchies, for the meantime maybe.
Layers of hot, melty, crunchy, gooey goodness await your taste buds so whip out your mixing bowls and get cooking little stoner!
Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Bombs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package bacon
- 1 block Cheddar cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 eggs
- 1 pack tater tots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Thaw tater tots to room temperature.
- Fry the bacon (1 for each meatball you plan on making) until just cooked but not crispy (we need to be able to roll it in a minute... no not like that you little stoner).
- Add salt and pepper to season the beef and mix thoroughly. Roll the beef into balls about the size of your palm.
- Make a well into each meatball. Add a cheese cube and recover the hole, sealing it up inside meatball.
- Wrap 1 strip of cooked bacon around each cheesy meatball.
- Place the tater tots in a large mixing bowl. Mash them together, then add 2 eggs to bind the mixture and more salt and pepper to season it up for extra tastiness. Mix thoroughly.
- Press the tot mixture firmly onto each meatball so that it sticks and is evenly coated all around, then place it in freezer for 15-20 minutes to harden up.
- Submerge the tot bombs in hot oil until they’re golden brown and crispy on the outside. Make sure that the beef is cooked through when you cut them open. Serve hot accompanied by any sauce you like.
Blaze and Leaf's Top Recipe Hack
Dipping Sauces.... Can't argue with ketchup, but why not try BBQ, garlic aioli, get fancy with truffle mayo, spice it up with jalapeno salsa, or go all out and try this latest invention (and please tell us what it's like urgently).
Got a good blazed recipe suggestion? Got an awesome modification to this one? Let us know in the comments below. Blaze on.xx